Saturday 11 October 2008

Pink, pink and more pink!



This month Pernickety blog are having a month long challenge involving pink and babies. This weeks challenge was to use the sketch given on a birth announcement card with a decorated envelope. I can also use this card to enter the October challenge on the Fiskars blog, which is to use punches for embellishments.

I've used Bazzil Petunia card for my base and a light pink Core'dinations cardstock for the top layer. I sanded the Core'dinations layer and punched some different sized circles and a flower out of it. I sponged a bit of Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink around the punched out bits..........I've still got a bit of a grunge thing happening today! I've backed some pink polka dot paper over the punched out areas, punched out a few more circles and a flower, stamped the greeting on some more circles and layered them on with dimensional dots. The little giraffe stamp is by Imaginesce.......it's just stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink on the Core'dinations card and cut and layered.

I've sewn on a few buttons with paper string, added some lace and a couple of Kaiser pearls. I didn't have a greeting that said 'It's a Girl', so I had to use bits of stamps and an alphabet to make it. I used a Fiskars flower border punch down the long side of the card and glued a strip of the patterned paper on the inside of the card.

For the envelope I just glued on a strip of the patterned paper, stamped the giraffe down the bottom, stencilled a flower (from the same punch that I used on the card, just cut a punchie out of scrap paper and sponged ink through it), and stamped on a few dots and buttons.
I think I've excelled myself today with two cards in the one day.....and EEK! they're both CUTE! Might not get much done that I can show you in the next few days, as I have a few swaps that need taking care of soon. TFL!

7 comments:

fishlips said...

Wow Oh wow is this ever darling...Your talent is just amazing...Pink pink and more pink , its what little girls dream about...

Shirley said...

Well, its okay because its a beautiful bunch of pinks. A super card.

Anonymous said...

you HAVE been super productive Lyn! What an achievement. This one is super. I love the Core'dinations cardstock too. I have that very same pink.

Captain Scrappy said...

Love it! That is super cute :)

Vicky said...

Beautiful card & envelope...

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely adorable! What a wonderful talent you have. I love all the pink and white and the buttons are the perfect embellishment for the card.

Blogger said...

this is really cutie card! I love giraffes...so, this really caught my eye. Lovely!