Thursday 17 September 2009

Checking in.

Hi everyone, I'm just popping in to give you all an update on why I've been MIA lately. If you read the previous message posted by my daughter, Jo, you'll know that I've had surgery. Well, I'm home now, but unfortunately it's not good news I'm afraid. I went into hospital for a bowel obstruction which turned out to be bowel cancer......not something I was wanting to hear, especially after my Mum died of it just over 2 yrs ago! It's been something that I've been kind of expecting to happen, but not at age 54!

My family have been wonderful and supportive, although it's come as a huge shock to us all. I will be fighting it all the way and will be starting chemo, probably next month. I'm not a religious person, but I will take all the prayers, well wishes, positive vibes etc you can send my way. I hope to be well enough soon to be able to contribute some art to my blog, but please understand that it may be a bit sporadic.

Thanks to those who left comments and well wishes on Jo's post, I have over 600 emails sitting waiting to be read so it might be a while before I get around to answering those. If any of my fellow OSA members are reading this, please feel free to pass this info onto the group...it might be a while before I can join in again.

Sorry Sandie and Vicky, but I won't be able to do a catch up at the next Picture to Page show. Angela, if you're reading this, I did get my SU order the day before I went to hospital...thanks for that.

OK, I think that's it for now! Bye for now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Lyn. I will be praying for you and hoping you recovery quickly!! Sending you big hugs!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Sending well wishes your way.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis. Hoping for a speedy recovery and a successful follow-up treatment!
Hugs....

Mary said...

Dear Lyn Im so sorry to hear your news. There is nothing that one can say to ease your burden but know that you are in my thoughts and Im sending good vibes your way hugs Mary - WA

Heather T. said...

Yikes Lyn--lots of positive vibes coming from my side of the world!!!

B said...

Lyn, keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :)

Sandie said...

Oh Lyn, I got a real shock to read the last 2 posts. I'm just sorry I didn't pop in sooner to check on you.

I can tell you I am definately the praying type and will be praying for you everyday and I wish you all the very best. I'm sure you are in the best of hands - I'll also send you some strength to get through the tough months ahead.

Hang in there my friend.

Luv ya..............Sandie

Vicky said...

Dear Lyn, I`m not a religious person either, my friend, but rest assured that I, along with all your blog visitors will be thinking of you & sending nothing but positiveness your way :) I know you`re strong & you will come out on top, & don`t worry about the blog, we`ll be here when you get back. ((((HUGS))))) & My best wishes for a speedy recovery, from Vicky

Wirg's Creative World said...

Oh my word Lyn, what can I say? I'm so so saddened to read your knews. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Sandie let me know about this post. All the best for your chemo treatment, I know you are a strong lady, and I know what you will have to endure. I know you will stay as possitive as you can. I wish I could hug you. Love, Wirgie x x x x

Adrienne W said...

I was so sad to read this post Lyn, and yes, I'll be sending prayers, well wishes, positive vibes your way.

Big hugs,

Marnie said...

Lyn my heart goes out to you and your family if there is anything you need at all, all you have to do is say the word! You are so strong I know you can fight this! Praying for you with all of our might!

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Lyn, I've just now (Monday) read this post. Oh, my dear, I'm so sorry that you are facing such a huge obstacle in your life. I had just left a post on a much newer posting, not knowing that you had the surgery for bowel cancer! I am a praying person, and I will be lifting your needs, fears, concerns before my loving Heavenly Father. May you find His peace during this difficult season of your life...
Hugs and prayers,
Barb