Saturday, 8 January 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger : Winter White

This week's Tuesday Trigger on Moxie Fab World is this gorgeous cake in Winter White.


I took my inspiration from the white on white colour theme and the dimension and texture of the flowers. I used a single butterfly instead of the flowers and layered it on a Cuttlebug embossed piece of cardstock. I stamped the butterfly onto vellum and heat embossed it using off-white embossing powder.(sorry, I don't know the brand - it was an unmounted stamp from eBay, if anyone knows please let me know!) The greeting is a little hard to see in the photo, but it says 'Birthday wishes' from the Stampin' Up 'Sincere Salutations' set, I also heat embossed it. I've added ribbons, lace, tiny pearls and a little glitter around the edges of the cardstock.

I had a hard time capturing the true colour of my card, but the cardstock and ribbons/lace are all off-white.



Close-up photo is below.



This is my first time playing at Moxie Fab World, I think I will be playing there often. It's also my first new card for 2011, hope you like it!

10 comments:

cardcrazy said...

Lyn your card is beautiful, I love the butterfly!

Shirley said...

Talk about absolutley lovely in every way! You hit it right on the elegant nose!!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!!! Lyn, this is so gorgeous!! Such an elegant design and gorgeous take on the challenge!! TFS!HUGS

Belinda said...

Just so elegant!

Carole Meisenhelter said...

as much as I love colour I do adore white/white too. Your card is fabulous Lyn; and I especially love that lacy butterfly. I didn't know you could heat-emboss on vellum...I always thought it might crinkle up. Lesson learnt! Thanks for sharing your great card.

Mari said...

Gorgeous cake, fabulous card! I am really starting to love white on white!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the trim you used, and that butterfly is fabulous!! Great job with the Winter White Tuesday Trigger! ♥♥♥

Andrea said...

This is just stunning Lyn! Absolutely beautiful!
Andrea

Cath said...

Hey Lyn! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Beth said...

Girlfriend this absolutely took my breath away beyond beautiful you totally rocked that challenge.
Hugs
Beth