Tuesday 19 April 2011

Goodbye Daisy - a sad farewell.

This is a post that I haven't been wanting to write. Last Friday we made the difficult decision that it was time to let our best friend, Daisy go. She was 14 years old and had been battling cancer and arthritis for some time. Her condition had deteriorated over the last few months and she had developed ulcers that wouldn't heal despite repeated antibiotics. We took her to the vet's and were with her until the end, many tears were shed then and in the following days since.

The photo below is one of the last ones we have of Daisy, she had a lot of grey fur by then. My favourite photo of her is the next one, taken way back in 2002. Her eyes are so expressive!





Daisy had such a sweet nature and loved being with her people. When I first started having chemo and coming home from the hospital feeling pretty drained and nauseous, she would come and just sit by my chair just letting me know she was there for me. I look out my kitchen window each morning at her empty kennel still expecting to see her there........I really miss her!

Rest in peace Daisy, my sweet girl!


7 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

Oh no Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear your news. It's so hard when we lose a friend, even if it is of the four-legged variety. I wish you strength.

Anonymous said...

AWW! I am so very sorry to hear of your loss hun!! Their little paw prints can make such a huge impact on our hearts. Thinking of you with hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Daisy........our furry family take such a hold over us all.......thinking of you.......
Marion

Track Potato Lady said...

No words can express how sorry I am for your loss. Unfortunately I am sad to say I have been right there with you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I am so so very sorry. Janis Rothermel

Mari said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Their furry little bodies surely bring something very special to our lives. ((hugs))

Vicky said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lyn...our beloved pets bring us so much joy, but loosing them is just so painful...hugs.

Shirley said...

She is so beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss, Lyn. Hugs to you.