Monday 15 August 2011

Hi there! I really don't seem to be having a lot of creative time lately, just making the cards that I need to at the moment. This card is for my nephew's 18th birthday in a few days time.


I tried out a resist technique on glossy cardstock for my background. The stamp is a large birthday text by Hero Arts and I used a few different shades of Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The greeting is from a Stamp-It set and the martini glass is from a Fiskars clear stamp set. The Nestabilities die cut piece behind the numbers is made with some more Distress Inks and misted with Bronze Glimmer Mist. I painted some plain chipboard numbers with black acrylic paint, then gave them a thick coast of Dimensional Magic. Added a little bling with some Kaisercraft rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by today! It's very cold and wintry here today, I'll be glad when Spring arrives!

7 comments:

Vicky said...

The resist b'ground looks great! A very elegant design :)

Anonymous said...

Oh now this is so fun and very masculine!!! Love your background!!! I know what you mean about pressed for time!! ;) Take care friend!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great card Lyn! It would be perfect for the 18 year olds I know :)

Shirley said...

Wow, Lyn! What a great guy card for the 18th! I know he loved it!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Lyn, I love the colours, very striking :)
Bet your nephew loved it!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Liz Weber said...

What a fantastic 18th birthday card Lyn, love what you did to the numbers, love the stylish design, I am sure your nephew will LOVE it.

Kathi said...

Shows how long it's been since I visited! I missed this gem. I love the card and know that your nephew loved it!