Thursday 15 July 2010

All-in-One Gift Box

Hi everyone, I found a tutorial by Wendy Weixler on the Splitcoast Stampers site for this cute little All-in-One box. It's finished size is fairly small, but just the right size for a little cupcake shaped gift soap. You could also use this for chocolates or jewellery etc.


I used a double sided sheet of Kaisercraft patterned paper. The lid is not a separate piece, it's the reverse side of the PP.




This is the top view of the box. I've seen a bunch of these rosettes made with ribbon, but I thought to myself that I could use the same method with a piece of pretty lace. Basically all you do is use a threaded needle to sew a running stitch across the top of the lace, then draw it up tightly and tie off the ends. I used a large vintage button to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Ida said...

Wonderful little gift box. So pretty and dainty.
Thanks for stopping by my blog for the latest Annabelle previews and good luck.

Vicky said...

Lyn, this box is just so cute!!!! & great idea to make your own flower in lace, it's the perfect finishing touch :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift box, I love the lace flower too!

B said...

So pretty! LOVE this!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, this box is adorable!
I just love the embossing!
So pretty! :)

Kathi said...

Fabulous. Great color scheme and that gorgeous lace rosette is the crowning touch.

Radio Ceara Gospel said...

Hi great reading your bblog