Tuesday 20 July 2010

Harry Hoo-day to You!

Today is my beautiful little grand-daughter's 2nd birthday! She can't quite get her mouth around singing "Happy Birthday to you", so her version is "Harry Hoo-day to you".......she sounds so cute singing it!

I decided to try my hand at making my 1st Easel card, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I think I'll be making more of these cards in the future. I used a new stamp set which I received as a prize from Annabelle's Stamps, it's called "Helen's Party". By the way Annabelle Stamps is celebrating a release of 4 new stamp sets, you have a chance of winning some new stamps if you go on the blog-hops.



I coloured the images with Copic Markers, and stamped the flower and balloon images a 2nd time, cut them out and put them on dimensional dots. I added some Dimensional Magic to the flower centres and Kindy Glitz to the balloon. The birthday greeting is from a Hero Arts cupcake stamp set and I've punched it out with a Stampin' Up scallop punch. All cardstock is Stampin' Up, the gingham PP is Christina Re and the pink PP is Basic Grey. The flower is embossed metal, not sure where I got it from it's been in my stash for ages, the half pearls are also from Annabelle Stamps. I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo but the Bella chipboard number and letters are glittered. Other supplies used are a Fiskars border punch, ribbon, braid, button, heart brad and embroidery floss from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm off now to see the birthday girl!

11 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

What a gorgeous, bright, happy card. I'm sure your grand daughter will love it!

Kylie said...

OH Wow Lyn,
What an adorable card, it's absolutely STUNNING!
Your colouring is gorgeous and I LOVE everything about your card, it's a stunner and I can't believe it's your first Easel lol!
'Harry Hoo-Day' to you grand daughter!

Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Vicky said...

Wow Lyn, this is such a gorgeous & fun card, I'm sure Annika will absolutely love it!!!

Andrea said...

This is gorgeous Lyn!! Great colouring and embellishments! Love the glitter chipboard as well :)
Andrea

Tiffany said...

Helen Is my fave!!! your card is adorable!!

B said...

Oh so pretty! What a great easel card and what a fabulously colored card! LOVE the balloon that you popped out as well!

Ida said...

Lyn your card is so cute! I've yet to try making an Easel card. Yours is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! Have fun!

Ayana Posadas said...

Super cute card and very nicely colored! Love it! :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow Lyn you've made a beautiful card with this little set. I love the easel style and the colours you chose. The popped up flower and balloon are the perfect touch! Great work with your Copics too!
What a cute story! I hope your grand-daughter enjoyed her second birthday. x

Kathi said...

Oh my! It's soooo cute, though I'm sure she's a lot cuter. Your coloring is fabulous. I love all the little details too.

I hope she had a lovely birthday celebration!