Wednesday 27 February 2008

Tiger, tiger burning bright.........

Tiger, tiger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Tiger - William Blake 1757-1827


That poem came to my mind as soon as I saw this stamp, there's a lot more to the poem.....google it if you'd like to read the whole thing.

The tiger is my favourite animal, so when I saw Art Neko's new release 'Year of the Tiger' sheet, I just had to have it.......even though it isnt Year of the Tiger until 2010!

I'm sending this card to Candice Jordan, the lovely owner of Art Neko and fellow OSA member. Candice is kindly offering $5 credits towards purchases for OSA members who send her an extra card just for entering an OSA swap. I hope you like my card Candice, I just love this image.

I haven't used any special techniques on this card, just stamped the tiger onto a neutral coloured paper using black Brilliance ink, layered it onto black card, then a gold corrugated piece. I attached it to another black layer with black square brads onto the folded creamy card. I didn't want to add any other embellishments so that the image would be the main focus.......and don't those eyes just look right at you!


Edited: I thought the eyes needed a bit of highlighting, so I've coloured them with a glitter gel pen. I think it looks better this way.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card Lyn.......very striking.....luv Sandie

Anonymous said...

excellent Lyn; great to have a sheet of stamps devoted to your favourite animal too.