Wednesday, 26 November 2008

The 9th day of Christmas challenge.

Sandie's challenge was to use some wire and beads on a Christmas card.

Woo Hoo! Finally, a card with some stamping.....I even used TWO stamps! Not only that, but I had some new toys to play with too! After having them on pre-order since August I finally got my new Nestabilities......I got the Label 1 set and the Curved Rectangle set. I used the Label 1 set for this card.


I stamped the wreath with Versamark and embossed with gold EP, then coloured it with Marvy markers. I then wrapped the wire, while threading some tiny red and green beads, around the wreath. The smaller Label 1 piece is white cardstock which I sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink - I sponged it while it was still sitting in the die, so when I popped it out of the die it still had a white embossed border - I need to practice my sponging, it turned out a bit darker than I wanted! I trimmed around the wreath and popped it up on dimensional dots.

The 'Christmas' stamp is from Stampa Rosa, the wreath is a cheapie (unbranded wood mounted stamp). The design paper is by Making Memories - Boho range- Olivia Floral Lattice.


I couldn't make up my mind how to layer the greeting, I'm not sure if I like what I ended up doing, but I put it on a metallic green strip, rounded the corners and added some red rhinestones and a red button threaded with ribbon.


Thanks for visiting my blog!

8 comments:

Sandie said...

Well it's looking mighty fine to me Lyn. Well done.

Luv Sandie

(P.S. Luvin your new toys - lucky you)

fishlips said...

AWWW Lyn, just another outstanding creation...I love it!!!!

cadnileb said...

Super cute! Love how you did the sentiment. :-)

Kathi said...

It's lovely!

Have fun with your new goodies!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Lyn, great idea to use the wreath with the beading, it looks fantastic :)

Shirley said...

ouuuuuuuuuuh! How very Christmas vibrant and pretty!

Beth said...

Pretty pretty pretty Lyn love the wreath and the colors great art.

Lisa Graves said...

Great card and loving your new toys. Enjoy!