Sunday 20 April 2008

Bird Cards.


Finally, I have my new circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities! I ordered them nearly 2 months ago so it's been quite a wait for them to arrive!
I had a bit of a play with them today and made these 2 bird cards. The 1st one features a laser-cut felt bird with a pale blue brad for an eye. The only stamp on this is the "happy bird-day", which is a Stampin' Up stamp. I masked the "th" and just added the "d" in my own dreadful handwriting.......think I should've used an alpha letter stamp instead! I'm not sure who the red patterned paper is by........I've had it in my stash for ages - it was already distressed, I didn't add anything to it. I just inked the edges of the dark blue cardstock with Alabaster Cat's Eye Chalk Ink.
I've also added 2 layers of ribbon, a Prima flower and brad.



The 2nd card is in my current favourite colours of Pink Pedigree Paper and Mocha Bazzil. I've used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder for the background piece.
Stamps used are by Autumn Leaves- Swirly Frame, Stampin' Up - greeting, and October Afternoon - bird.
I layered the frame onto the nestability circle and scalloped circle, and just added some brown velvet ribbon.
Bye for now,
Lyn





1 comment:

Sandie said...

Oooh these are yummy Lyn........well done.

Luv Sandie