Saturday 12 April 2008

OSA Hanafuda Swap


First of all, my apologies for not posting anything new for a while. I haven't been totally idle though, it's taken me a while, but I've finally finished these cards I made for the Hanafuda Swap on OSA.

What's a Hanafuda you ask? Well it's a japanese card game using 48 cards that are divided into 12 suits, with each suit of 4 representing a month of the year. We were each given 4 stamps (one suit) to use, kindly donated by About Art Accents stamps. The stamps I was given represented June and featured the Peony flower, I might add that each month features a different flower or plant depicting the season it represents.


Now, onto my card! I decided to make the gated tag card that was featured in the Feb/Mar 2008 Technique Junkie newsletter. On the front of the card I've used stamped one of the images onto black shrink plastic using Galaxy Gold Brilliance Ink, I've also stamped 'Good Luck' from a See-D's set - I figured that was appropriate seeing that Hanafuda was a card game!
The 2nd picture shows the inside of the card. I've stamped each of the four images onto a cream tag and coloured them with markers. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooh really lovely Lyn! Lovely technique you used for your Hanafuda swaps.