Thursday 30 July 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge - Be Inspired #41

Well, finally I've finished Cuttlebug Challenge Be Inspired #41! I've fiddled around with the flower placement long enough, so Ta Da.......here it is!



This was the challenge:-
We challenge you our fantastic readers to create altered projects from items in your recycle bin, containers to books the sky is the limit.
Your bonus folder for this week is the textile folder from Provo Craft.


I am such a hoarder I never throw anything away, and I'm constantly fossicking around flea markets to find bits and pieces that can be used in my art.

These are my recycled/re-purposed items:
The green paper and raffia twine are both from a bunch of flowers (I layered the paper onto some heavier cardstock before stamping and cutting with a Nesties Label 1 die.)
The music paper is from some old sheet music scavenged from a flea market.
Mauve tissue paper from some old gift wrapping.
Mauve organza ribbon saved from gift packaging.
Lastly, the buttons are from my Mother's old button tin.

I used the bonus Textile folder as my background piece with some mauve cardstock.

Stamp credits:Bird on a branch by Prima, Scalloped border stamp by Kelly Panaci, Greeting and flower rhinestones by Hero Arts.



Tip: For punching through thin paper or tissue, sandwich it between 2 pieces of scrap copy paper first.

Thanks so much for continuing to stop by my blog and for all the lovely comments....I love to read them all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyn, this card is gorgeous!! Everything you've added to it sure makes it one lovely creation!! TFS!! HUGS

Cassie said...

so pretty! those flowers from sheet music are DIVINE!!!
thanks for joining in at cuttlebug challenge!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

B said...

Those flowers are gorgeous and whata great tip!

Shirley said...

Lovely!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card, Lyn! Great job on the challenge. :-)