Thursday 23 July 2009

Lady Luck!

The July challenge at Inkurable Stampers is to create something using playing cards, either as one of your materials or as inspiration, and to use at least one stamp.

The card I've made is not one of my usual Oriental cards, but it's more of a Good Luck card with an Oriental flavour! My main image is from a Chinese deck of playing cards, all are different images. The deck features images from Chinese calendars from the 1920's and 1930's. I chose this one with the horse and jockey being led by a lovely Chinese lady...I thought she depicted Lady Luck!



I stamped the diamond background stamp (by Stamps Happen) onto Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel cardstock using Creamy Caramel ink. For the Good Luck greeting I used Justrite Stamper Times New Roman font and Triomphe font - it reads 'May lady luck smile upon you!' and 'Good Luck!' in the centre of the circle.

I also added some teeny playing cards and 3 chinese good luck coins to keep the theme going.

FYI: Feng Shui teaches that 3 coins tied together with auspicious red ribbon is a powerful symbol that brings prosperity and abundance. The act of giving good luck coins spreads happiness and good luck to those who receive them.

Many people keep the good luck coins in their wallets/purses encouraging wealthier prosperity. Others hang the lucky coins from the inside of the door, symbolising that prosperity has entered the house.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I'd love to hear what you think of my card!

5 comments:

B said...

So pretty!!! Love the fun image and the coins on the side!!!

Vicky said...

Great card Lyn, the orange & blue look amazing against the Kraft colour, & thanks for the coin info...I didn`t know that :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyn!! Love your card!! The tiny little cards are too cute!! ;) Beautiful charms and layout!! TFS! Have a lovely weekend dear!! HUGS

Carole M. said...

Your card is spectacular; love the colours and the central card image. The addition of the coins and the mini playing cards just sets a perfect card into something even better.

Anonymous said...

Superb! Love all your details!