Thursday 16 December 2010

Treat Bags


Hi everyone, I'm back today with a quick beyond the page project. Whilst I'm having a bit of a holiday from chemo treatment at the moment, I still have to have my porta-cath flushed every 6 weeks, so I had to have that done on Monday. I made these treat bags for the Day Oncology staff as a thank you for their care over the last year.

I used a tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers by Diana Gibbs for her Box in a Bag. This is such an easy project, I made four of them in an afternoon.


I used patterned papers by Kaisercraft (swirly pattern) and Basic Grey (green), I used glittery stickers on one side of the bag and stamped some tags for the other side using stamps from Justrite Stampers Just Cookin' set. I've also used Fiskars border punch,Stampin' Up Round Tab punch, as well as circle and scallop circle Nestabilities and assorted ribbons. There is a close-up of one of the bags in the photo below.




I did also make a couple of larger boxes using the same papers and cardstock and filled them with goodies, but forgot to take a photo of them!

It's a glorious day here today, so I hope you are having a lovely day wherever you are today!


9 comments:

Carole M. said...

Hi Lyn! Love your treat bags (and wondering what you put inside them); what beautiful surprises for the oncology staff. I have that BG green/lights paper too; they look fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lyn!! WOW!! What gorgeous treat bags sweetie! The papers are so pretty!! I'm sure the recipient will love it!! :) HUGS

Rossylalah said...

These are lovely Lyn. What a lovely gift. Hope you are feeling as well as can be. Have a lovely christmas. Are you spending it with Annika?

B said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

So fun and festive! I love these, and they are so quick and easy to make!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous treat bags Lyn! They're going to sooo love them! I'd be happy to just get the bag! :)

Hugs

~Spike

Andrea said...

These are beautiful Lyn!

Kathi said...

Wow! Those bags are gorgeous. I bet they really appreciated the time and thought behind them!

Vicky said...

What a wonderful way to say "thank you", the packs look awesome, I'm sure they would have been much appreciated :)