Wednesday 9 May 2012

A flower for you!

Hi there, here's a card I made for Annabelle Stamps 'Say It In..........Kraft, Lemon and White' Challenge. I've said it before, I'm not a big fan of using yellow tones - I used Scattered Straw Distress Ink, which is more of a yellow/orangey tone and kept it to a minimum LOL!


I used the faux silk technique for my main images, stamping the Annabelle Stamps Fanciful Flowers images with Stampin' Up white ink onto kraft coloured tissue paper - which I received as the wrapping with my last order to Annabelle Stamps - recycling at it's best, thanks Andrea!

The greeting is from Annabelle Stamps Flowers For You stamp set, I've stamped it onto a Cuttlebug tag die-cut and threaded some twine through it and added some Kaisercraft half pearls. That's it, nice and simple!



I'm also entering this card for CAS-ual Fridays CFC51 Birthday Challenge.



11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Anonymous said...

WOW Lyn! This is gorgeous, the faux silk is a real winner!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful card Lyn!!! I love this kraft tissue and try to re use it too! Must say it looks so good with your fanciful flower!!! Thanks for playing along...Good luck with both challenges!

Lisa A. said...

Hi Lyn! This is so pretty:)!! LOVE the faux silk and HOW COOL IS HAVING KRAFT TISSUE PAPER??!! White on kraft is one of my favorites...and I have done this technique once before, but kraft tissue paper?...love it!! Thanks for celebrating with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love everything about your card, Lyn!
I hope you're well!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Kathi said...

Wow. It's fabulous. I love the texture of the tissue paper and the look of the white ink on Kraft.

Gorgeous!

Marion said...

A fabulous card Lyn. Love the faux silk. I must try this some time. Thanks for sharing it with us at AnnaBelle's this week.

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing, Lyn! That background really makes the flower pop. Thanks so much for joining us for this special celebration at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue said...

Lyn, you have used this technique to perfection, balancing the colours fabulously, awesome CAS stunner!
Thank you for sharing with us at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Andrea said...

This is gorgeous Lyn! I've used the kraft tissue for this technique as well lol!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow!! What a cool technique! It adds delicious texture and interest!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!!