Thursday 31 May 2012

Dad's Birthday card.

Hi there, apologies for being MIA lately, my brother and nephew were staying with us last week so I had a great time with them here. This week is chemo week, so not feeling the best right now. I needed to make a card for my Dad's birthday, which is tomorrow, so here 'tis! I've used this weeks sketch ABSC #050 from the Annabelle Stamps Blog.

I'm also entering this card for Stamp Smiles - Fathers Day/Graduation or Masculine card.



There's not a whole lot of stamping here, but the one's I have used are from Annabelle Stamps 'All Things Grow' set and I used a background stamp for stamping into the Opals (UTEE) on the bird's wing. I keep forgetting that I have a whole lot  of chipboard shapes, so I fished out this bird one by Collections that I've had for ages, and covered it with Opals (UTEE). The papers are from a 6 x 6 Crate Paper pad, the branch is a die-cut by Memory Box and the bling is from Annabelle Stamps


Thanks for stopping by today, hope your day is going well!



9 comments:

Carole M. said...

Hi Lyn! you made a lovely card for your Dad (it was my Mum's 87th today). He will think your card very special. Sorry you're not feeling the best with your chemo' ... good vibes going your way. Take care,

Andrea said...

Love this card Lyn, it's perfect for the occasion!!
Hope you feel better soon :)
Hugs,
Andrea

Sue said...

what a beautiful card Lyn, love the pink highlights!
Hope you are feeling better real soon, thanks for sharing your card with us at AnnaBelle's! :)

lostinpaper said...

This is absolutely wonderful Lyn! Your dad is going to adore it! All the best with your chemo this week, hope you feel heaps better real soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,
Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
What a fabulous card I love the bird and his wing is gorgeous,what a great design , I have the stamp for the two birds on a swing card below that card is also fabulous
Great work Lyn well done ,
Hugs Elaine

Liz Weber said...

((hugs)) Lyn sorry to hear about you not feeling well with the chemo treatment.

Loving another great card here, love the birdie on the branch and the design is fantastic!

Take care Lyn!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lyn!! I really love this one!! The colors, patterns and layout are perfect!! You know you could enter this in my Celebrate June Contest going on right now!! You don't have to live in the US to play in that one! ;) Hope all is going well with you!! HUGS

Kathi said...

The card is wonderful. I love the texture you achieved on the bird.

I hope that this round is easier on you and that you start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

This is really gorgeous Lyn!! :) Thanks for entering sweetie!! Good luck to you my friend! Hope you're doing well!! BIG HUGS