Saturday 12 May 2012

Groovy Gingham Baby!

Hi there! Here's a card I've created for Moxie Fab World's Gingham Challenge. I used a Stamping Bella image, she has a bit of a '70's feel with her flared trousers, hence my title!

I stamped the gingham design using Annabelle Stamps Background By Design 7 borders using Distress inks and paper pieced them onto the Stamping Bella image. I coloured the rest of her with Copic Markers and sponged the background with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I stamped the background for the card with the larger gingham border from the same Annabelle Stamp set on the diagonal. The pink layer is just white cardstock sponged with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.



So, who is the recipient of this card? Well here's a snippet of news I haven't shared here yet! My daughter Hayley is pregnant, yes more grandbabies on the way! Yes, I did say grandbabies.......she is having twins!! She is into the 2nd trimester and so far so good! She and her hubby have chosen not to know the sex of the babies, so it will be a surprise for everyone.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a great day!

ps. Just in case you think my punctuation is bad, for some strange reason my full-stops are not showing up in my post, another Blogger anomaly!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Lyn it is groovy Gingham....what a fab card, well done , the image is super have a lovely weekend Hugs Elaine

Kathi said...

Oh my! Twin grandbabies! Congrats to you and your family! How exciting!

Your card is great too, though not as great as your good news!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Great card! Love the 70's feel to the card. TFS

lostinpaper said...

Congrats on the upcoming twins!! This card is gorgeous, she will totally love it! ps great bg stamping, looks awesome on an angle!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and congratulations on twin grandbabies! :)